Friday, November 16, 2012

CT Scan During First Trimester Of Pregnancy

I just found out that my daughter is 4 weeks pregnant and had a CT scan of her spine (upper and lower) about a week or so ago. Supposedly, she tested negative for pregnancy at the hospital. A few days later she took a home test and it was positive. I told her to come to my office and that I would do another urine test to confirm and it was positive.

She is spotting a little over the last few days and went to the hospital again to make sure that she was till pregnant and they told her that she is approximately 4 weeks and is postive. Now it's a waiting game. I am afraid of the damage that this child may have from the radiation it received at such an early state in the process.

I am feeling a little guilty about this, but I hope that nature takes it course and her body rids itself of the baby if it's severely damaged. She's a great person, but easily frustrated with her oldest who will be five in April. I don't think she's a bad Mom, but I don't think she can handle the resonsibility of a baby who is disabled. We would love the baby no matter what of course and she wouldn't want to have an abortion. (which is a whole other touchy subject!)

I am hoping that others have had this situation with a good outcome. Anyone have any stories good or bad? Let me know...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:07 AM

    Hello there

    Sorry I couldn't find your contact details on your blog arnp.blogspot.co.uk. I work with a leading private nursing and domiciliary care provider, dealing directly with families and organisations, supporting a wide range of nursing roles and I was hoping they could provide a unique guest article for you to publish on your site that would be of interest to your readers.

    If you’ve an article topic you’d like Team24 to write about especially for your site, just let me know and I can brief the writer.

    Thanks for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have about Team24.

    Kind regards

    Mark
    mark@3whitehats.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about this situation, because if the pregnancy does hold out it will be a nerve-wracking 9 months.
    Here's to a similar outcome for you: My sister was short of breath during pregnancy and they suspected a clot in the lungs, but they were scared to do testing because of the radiation and the baby.
    She eventually had a chest x-ray done. It doesn't come close to the radiation in a CT scan, but her baby is now a healthy, happy 1 year old.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

Followers