Sunday, May 29, 2011

NP Wonders If It's In The Preservatives?

I have been asked many times at the office what I thought of the Autism link to vaccines. I am still not convinced that there is a link between the two. In my humble opinion, it's in the preservatives in our foods.

Look at the numbers of us "oldies" who all got our shots back in the days when who knows what levels of contaminants were in them and we all made it out just fine. Then came the days of fast food, MSG, and preservatives,microwaves and then boom! Attention Deficit Disorder was all the rage. Now it's Autism.

There are some forms of Autism that are very obvious and the children are very behind in their skills and have some types of bizarre behaviors. What about the now milder forms such as Asperger's where children have no social skills? Hmmm? The computer and video games age has nothing to do with this? Too many children, including my youngest, have been glued to the computer screens and haven't been forced to go outside and play with other kids in the sandbox and learn how to get along these days.

What is your opinion?

5 comments:

  1. IMO it's all the ultrasound exposure in utero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more we learn and put labels on diseases and sickness the more people we fit into those categories. Thirty years ago I probably would have be labeled with some form of mild autism for some childish behavior or being shy. My social skills still suck in some situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the researcher who said there was a link between autism and vaccines said it was not true? Regardless, I agree with you there are probably other more predominant contributors - tv viewing usage, video game usage, foods, diapers, etc. There is so much non-natural stuff in food these days. I tend to not purchase something if I cannot pronounce what's on the package but a lot of families either do not or cannot do that. We're also starting to see disposable diapers have tons of chemicals in them that can cause all sorts of health ailments.

    Plus, I think now we know what to look for and how to screen so more kids are also being identified that way, too.

    But really, going with the most simple explanation, I would have to say, it's something in our modern lifestyles, and likely not a preservative in the vaccines themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some forms of Autism that are very obvious and the children are very behind in their skills and have some types of bizarre behaviors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wondered about this, too. And about all the chemicals that seem to be in everything we put onto and into our bodies these days. Since having my son 2 years ago, I've slowly switched to natural and organic makeup and personal hygiene products. I still have a long way to go because it's been difficult, especially cutting out processed food. Thanks for an interesting post!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

Followers