Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving From The Nurse Practitioner's Place

I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving holiday. I am eagerly waiting for the turkey to get finished and am spending time with family. Mike is spending Thanksgiving on the Naval base in Pensacola. I am so proud of his serving his country. Ciara is spending Thanksgiving with me today too. I don't get enough time with her and will enjoy every minute. Brenton and Krista and baby Clayton are spending the holiday with her parents.

I received some awesome news the other day. I have been accepted for the National Health Service Corp's student loan payback. I will work for the next two years at a job I already love and get $50,000 paid off my loans. I am waiting for the deposit so that I can pay it to Sallie Mae. I can apply for an additional year extension and get some more paid off as well. How great is that!!! If you work in a rural area and haven't applied, do it now. They are not taking into consideration the HPSA score during this time frame and the application is much shorter now.

The office is getting very busy and am attempting to stay ahead of the never ending paperwork. One of the other branches is now getting their expansion done and we are next on the list. We will be building from the ground up and I can't wait for it to be done. We are tripping over each other in the office and there is only one bathroom in the office for everyone. Makes for interesting times! I am getting the week of Christmas off and am only having to use three days of comp time to do it. I love getting four day weekends as we get the Friday after a holiday off if it falls just right.

Have a safe holiday everyone and I hope that you all stop by to say hello soon!

Disclaimer

Followers