Friday, January 18, 2008

Things Are Moving Right Along

Things are moving right along at my nurse practitioner office. We still don't have a physician for the office. Know any good ones that want to work near Lake City FL? The ad is going into the weekly newspaper of the town. Yes, you read right, weekly... There are a lot of people who are calling to see if we have a MD who can write for pain medicine. We tell them that I cannot write those medications and they pretty much hang up from there. Most patients are transferring from another branch to this one and there have been a few new patients seen over the last two weeks.

This must be what it feels like to be a brand new practice owner in a new town. Worrying about overhead and no patients must be a nightmare! This is good practice for me whenever I open my own office one day years from now.

I hope that getting the signs up and the newspaper ad will start to make things pick up soon. I don't like to feel non-productive. We have been busy rearranging the storage areas and setting up the lab area. The neighbors in the strip have all stopped by and toured the office. They seem pleased that we are here. The local pharmacy has sent us flowers and gave us mugs and calendars. Our open house is next month. I'm looking forward to it!

Hope things are going great for you all! Till next time... Be healthy and give your favorite NP a hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers