Friday, November 09, 2007

Your Favorite Nurse Practitioner Finally Got A New Job!

Hello to all! I wanted to get to the end of my first week before I updated. I decided to take a position in a rural health clinic about 25 minutes from my home. It is an internal medicine practice that sees patients from 12 years old and up. The majority of patients are 45-90's. It's a small clinic with three exam rooms. It will be interesting to see how it will work when the doctor and I are both seeing patients at the same time. I hope that it gets busy enough to move to a bigger office someday.

This week has been a little quiet because the clinic was closed for a few weeks and it gave me a chance to see how things are done in this practice. I really like the people that I work with! The doctor is good about answering questions and has made me feel very comfortable. He will be working in a VA hospital for a week at a time, so he won't be in the clinic much during that week at all. He has reiterated to me that I am the provider and that I need to make sure that the office runs smoothly when he's not there. This won't be a problem because the girls and I get along very well.

As you can see, I have updated my profile and put up my graduation picture. I felt like it was time to come out of the shadows after much thought. I feel that if I want to be taken seriously in the blogging world, I need to be more like the other great nursing bloggers that I like. I have made every effort to make sure that patient confidentiality is maintained as usual due to the rules of course. So here goes! Drum roll please!!!!

NPs Save Lives is actually.....

Jennifer Scott ARNP-BC

It's very nice to meet you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers