Sunday, April 15, 2007

Almost a Grandma


I got the news a few weeks ago that I was going to be a grandma for the first time. Yes, I am too young, but I married very young as well. I will be 40 this year. Something told me not to announce the news when I first heard it. I got a premonition that it would not be a successful pregnancy. There was no particular reason why she should lose the baby. She's healthy and young.

It was not to be. She lost the baby this morning. She was around 8-10 weeks along. I called her this morning to reassure her that she will someday become pregnant again but that now was not the right time for whatever reason. The powers that be made the decision and we can only wonder what the reasoning behind it was.

I can give my own reasons. She's too young to have a baby. She's only 19 and hasn't really lived an adult life yet. They still live with his parents in a trailer that isn't quite up to standards to raise a baby in. They haven't been alone in their marriage to see what married life is really all about.

Most people would think that maybe it was for the best. Unfortunately, I tend to think so myself.

But it still hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers