Saturday, January 20, 2007

MRSA Superbug

Studies show that there is a new MRSA superbug that is a rapid killer. Most people die within 72 hours after acquiring this strain because of the destruction of the tissue is so extensive.

I can not stress enough the importance of patients, families, and health care professionals washing their hands. I still continue to see doctors and nurses who don't wash their hands and break technique. I am sure that I am not saint myself but I am way more diligent than I used to be.

We all get a little lazy out here and it's showing in the numbers of cases of infections. I always think of my children when I come home and don't allow them to touch me before I get my uniform off.

Please protect yourself and others and please educate the public about this infection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers