Saturday, August 26, 2006

Nurse Practitioner Procedures Class This Semester

These are some of the things that I will be learning this semester. I can't wait to get started. This stuff is extremely interesting because I like "to do things". I've already gotten a few things done in the ER last semester so I'll be ahead a little.
  1. Basic laboratory microscopy
  2. Basic and 12 lead EKG interpretation
  3. Suturing and wound care
  4. Cryosurgey and punch biopsy
  5. Interpretation of primary care X rays
  6. Splinting and casting techniques
I'm also taking NP II this semester. We will be covering in depth..

Neurology, Psychiatry, Constitutional Diseases and Oncology, Infectious Disease/HIV, Hematology, Respiratory, Cardiac, Urology, Gastrointestinal, Rheumatology, Endocrinology, and Women's Health.

The focus this semester is disease process and diagnosis. I look forward to cramming even more into my poor brain.. I'm also going to be working on two thesis hours. 8 more months to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers