Saturday, March 04, 2006

Who runs The Nurse Practitioner's Place?

I was reading Emergiblog and noticed her post regarding the following questions suggested by Dr. Lei at Genetics and Health She encourages medical/health bloggers to answer the following questions recommended by The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, part of the U.S. National Institutes of Health. The purpose of the questions is to give readers of medical/health related blogs the ability to evaluate what they are reading.

1. Who runs this site?

The Nurse Practitioner's Place is run by a family nurse practitioner student who expects to graduate at the end of the Spring semester 2007. I received my RN in 2001. I received my BSN in 2004. I work as a floor nurse and standby charge nurse on a med/surg floor of a hospital.

2. Who pays for the site?

The site is provided for free by blogger.com. I help pay for my school costs and internet high speed connection by placing Google adsense ads pertinent to nursing. By clicking on those ads I receive checks in the mail on occasion.

3. What is the purpose of the site?

The purpose of The Nurse Practitioner's Place is to give me a forum to discuss my experiences as a nurse and my experiences as a nurse practitioner student.

4. Where does the information come from?

It comes from my years of nursing experience. All patients, staff and hospitals are either composites or have identifying information concealed or altered to allow for patient confidentiality. When applicable, links to information sources are given.

5. What is the basis of the information?

Please refer to question number four.

6. How is the information selected?

The postings are based on what I want to write about and what I feel will be interesting to read.

7. How current is the information?

It could be as current as a few minutes ago. I maintain archives on my page that one may wander through at their convenience. I manage my comments through Haloscan so that I can see any comments on any posts so feel free to comment on the older stuff. I will see it.

8. How does the site choose links to other sites?

My links are based on sites I have read and found interesting. Other links are reciprocal in nature in order to drive more traffic to my site. I always like to find links on sites that I haven't solicited. It's more gratifying that way.

9. What information about you does the site collect, and why?

The site collects no information about anyone other than what is recorded on the site meters.
That information is used just for my own personal interest in seeing where my readers come from .

10. How does the site manage interactions with visitors?

Hopefully they comment and I comment back! I use word verification to stop spammers. All opinions are welcome. Posts that are outright disgusting and demeaning will be removed at my discretion.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to know about the Nurse Practitioner's Place. Here are a lot of questions regarding the site which I am sure many people would also surely have in their mind.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

Followers