This was sent to me from the DNP program at UF. I have posted this information for any who may be interested in taking your NP to the next level. I will be posting another entry in reference to the DNP at a later date. Enjoy!
After much work we will able to offer the Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) at UF beginning Fall 2006 for those students who are seeking a post-master's.
The Nursing courses will be offered in Gainesville and Jacksonville. Some courses may be web-based but at this time we do not which courses.
The admission criteria to the program is as follows:
1. A minimum score of 500 on each of the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test.
2. Completion of the GRE Analytical Writing Measure.
3. Current licensure (or eligibility) in the state of Florida.
4. A master's degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program.
5. A master's degree with a 3.0
We will be posting the application materials in the next 2 to 3 weeks. I will send out another e-mail once all the materials have been posted on our website. But if you wanted to get started here are the items that you will need:
1. Two letters of recommendation: one addressing clinical competency and one academic ability (forms will be posted on our website.
2. A 1-2 page (double-spaced) statement to include expectations of the program and anticipated goals for graduate education.
3. Personal Data Record (this will be submitted electronically through our website)
4. Resume/curriculum vitae
5. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (not needed if you attended UF)
6. Professional degree application to the University of Florida admissions office (this will be posted in the next couple of weeks, do not attempt to submit at this moment.
Cecile Diaz Kiley
Coordinator, Academic Support Services
University of Florida
College of Nursing
PO Box 100197
Gainesville, FL 32610-0197
(352) 273-6440 Fax
Fall PHC 6001 Principles of Epidemiology (3)
PHC 6050 Statistical Methods for Health Science (3)
Spring Elective To be announced (3)
NGR 7### Leadership and Role Development in Advanced Nursing Practice (3)
Summer NGR 7133 Ethical Theories and Rational Decision Making in Health Care (3)
NGR 7yyy Quality Indicators in Nursing Systems (3)
Fall NGR 7mmm Nursing Informatics and Data Management (3)
PHC 6406 Psychological, Social and Behavioral Issues in Public Health (3)
Spring NGR 7ooo Outcomes Research and Evaluation (3)
Elective TBA (3)
Summer NGR 7uuu Health Policy and Finance in Advanced Nursing Practice (3)
NGR 7ppp Advanced Topics in Pharmacotherapeutics in Nursing Specialties(3)*
Fall NGR 7xxx Advanced Diagnostic Reasoning (3)*
NGR 7sss Advanced Nursing Project (3)
Spring NGR 7rrrL Residency in Advanced Nursing Practice (6)
*Courses taken direct care tracks only, indirect care tracks take 6 credits as specified by that track.
Total = 48 credits