Saturday, May 14, 2005

Nursing Theory

Regarding my opinion on "nursing theory", I'm going out on a limb, and am a little controversial maybe when I say that I have found that most theories just repeat what others have already said. While it is interesting to explore the past and understand the framework of nursing theory, I am more interested in where nursing is going. As nurse practitioners, we must learn to blend the nursing theory with medical theory because we are now stepping into the "diagnostic" mode as well. That blend is what makes nurse practitioners unique. We combine the best of both worlds to better care for our patients. We learn, we watch, and we apply what we see. Nurses take "care" of the patient mind, body, and sometimes soul.
This is what makes nursing different from any other profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers