Friday, June 29, 2012

Nurse Practitioner Laments The Flood Damage in Columbia and Suwannee Counties

It's been horrible watching my neighbors sandbag their homes against the Tropical Storm Debby over the last week. Patients here in this area are pretty resilient and are used to flooding near the river. The ones hit the hardest were the ones flooded in areas that never hold standing water. Our home was spared as we are on the higher end of the subdivision. We bought our home right after the season of three back to back hurricanes several years ago. We toured different home sites in our area and it was one of the only ones that remained dry. It was one of the smartest things I learned as a kid. Look hard before buying things because they may not be what they seem.

I also had to miss two days of work due to being able to get to work in any direction. It's the first natural disaster that has forced me to miss work in my career. I have missed a few days here and there due to illnesses.  I did have my computer at home so I was able to do some things via that and telephone to my nursing staff. I have an awesome group of people who work with me and keep things running smoothly.

How's your work going?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog comment! I think your comment got cut off though. I'm assuming you were going to say that once you're out of school, you're brand new again

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

Followers