Thursday, March 12, 2009

Google Ads Privacy Change on The Nurse Practitioner's Place

Google is soon coming with a new program that will track visitors to sites in order to serve the site owner's with more targeted ads.

"Interest-based advertising will allow advertisers to show ads based on a user's previous interactions with them, such as visits to advertiser website and also to reach users based on their interests (e.g. "sports enthusiast"). To develop interest categories, we will recognize the types of web pages users visit throughout the Google content network. As an example, if they visit a number of sports pages, we will add them to the "sports enthusiast" interest category."

What does this mean to you? Probably not much. Most sites track traffic in order to better serve you the reader.

What it means to me? Hopefully, more clicks on the ads from my readers so that I can pay off my student loans. I have actually done pretty well with the ads and hope to do even better with current and future readers. So, if you have been puttering around the idea of using Google Ads, do it and I'll support your endeavors as well..

Disclaimer

Followers