Monday, March 12, 2007

Update from The Nurse Practitioner Student

Hello to all.. Just an update to let everyone know what's going on in the ongoing saga.
Last episode ended with a lunch interview with things looking pretty darn good. I was awaiting a phone call (still am). It's not nice to leave NP student in limbo. Limbo is NOT a good place to be with my sleep disorder! Needless to say, no restorative sleep for me or my husband.

Meanwhile, the day that I was supposed to hear from the office manager from the first interview, I got a call at home from another doctor that was looking for me at the hospital. We talked and I told him that I was expecting a call back but hadn't signed anything yet. He made me an offer that I just couldn't refuse. He wanted to know when I could start. I went to the office and met the staff and it looks like a great job!

Next glitch! The new ruling that NPs have to sit for National Boards passed this year. Normally, not a problem. I planned to sit for them anyway. I just found out that NPs do not have a Graduate nurse grace period in which they can work while waiting to sit for their boards. NICE HUH?

That means that I graduate on April 27th, wait for transcripts which could take until the middle of May and then it takes a week or two to get the results. Until then, I hold my breath and hope that the doctor doesn't get tired of waiting and hire someone else.

Oh yeah! I get to continue working at the hospital the whole time as well.. Sigh!

On a good note! I defend my thesis on the 20th at 10:00. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers