Thursday, August 10, 2006

Toot! Toot!

I'm sorry.. I know people aren't supposed to toot their own horns but...

I got my final grades today for the semester and by the skin of my teeth made A's in both classes. I'm so glad this semester is over! I get to pleasure read for a few weeks. A little relaxing time, justly deserved.

NOT!

Now I have an abscessed wisdom tooth! ARGH!!!! At least it waited to flare up until my finals were over. I can't get it pulled until the 21rst and am on antibiotics in order to get the horrible pain in my jaw to subside a tiny bit..

Sometimes I wish that I could just pull them all out and get plates. My mother lost her teeth early to a gum infection when she was about 40. She said that she never regrets having dentures. I don't like the color of my teeth and have said that as a graduation present to myself would be to get them whiter and more healthy.

I HATE going to the dentist. It's a white knuckle ride for me every time. I had a horrible experience as a child and it scarred me for life. 4 molar fillings with NO anesthesia, not even a shot of novacaine. Talk about torture! The assistant told me that if I cried that she would slap me! I told me mother about it after we left the office and I didn't go back to the dentist until I became an adult. I had to take Halcion in order to get a root canal.

Now that's good stuff! The dentist told me that I wouldn't remember even being in the office. I didn't remember a thing until my husband pulled me out of the car into the house. My children all stood by guffawing while one of my legs drug behind me like a drunken sailor. My oldest son called and I don't remember what we talked about but it must have been hilarious.

I am on the waiting list for Tuesday in case someone chickens out (oops.. I mean cancels an appointment).. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers