Friday, July 21, 2006

Just Babbling Along!

I did some clinical hours today with a very nice doctor who says that I'm rather amusing sometimes. I have a habit of verbalizing outloud while I'm doing sometime almost like a rote. It helps me stay focused. It's also a nervous habit if I am doing something that I don't have a lot of experience with.

Take for instance... doing a Pap smear...

While the doctor was supervising, she commented to the patient "She often talks to herself." I hadn't realized that I was talking myself through the steps. Partly, I was doing it to let the patient know what I was about to do for each step.

I don't know about you ladies, but I like to know what's coming along.. It's just polite that way.

I told the doctor that I do talk to myself and the crazy part is that sometimes I actually listen! She knows that I LOVE to talk so she gives me all of her talkative patients so that she can focus on the harder ones.

I really like her because she started as a nurse so she knows how it is on both sides of the fence. She never gives stupid orders at the hospital and never forgets to order a diet..

Off to study some more for finals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers