Saturday, June 24, 2006

Grad School Burn Out

I have been trying to figure out how to juggle working full time, doing clinicals, trying to spend time with my husband. He's feeling very neglected and he's right. I don't know how people do this every day. I keep counting the days (haven't gotten exact number yet because I'm too lazy to count that far) until graduation.

I need a vacation to the mountains again soon. Unfortunately, when I get a couple of weeks between semester, the kids go back to school! So the plan now is to bank up my PTO hours and take a month off after I graduate. Sweet bliss it will be, if I can work it out.

Lots of people at work keep asking me what I will do whenever I graduate. I'm not even sure myself. I'm using clinicals to test out potential employers. I have had a great experience so far with a female doctor who started out as a nurse. I firmly believe that all doctors should be nurses first so they can see what we see on a daily basis. The office that she has is also listed as a rural facility so I could possibly get some of my loans paid back by the government. I will be looking at a few more potential prospects in the next two semesters.

So, what does one do to fix grad school burnout? Well.. Some things that I'm doing are sitting here typing this post, watching "The Quiet Man" with my husband, and later on... Fireworks of the personal kind...

As always, thanks for the continued support that I've been receiving from my loyal readers toward paying for school expenses!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:53 PM

    I will be starting Nurse Practitioner school in the fall, and ran across your blog... I look for information on how most are paying for school on your blog but couldnt find any, I did find some good info on http://studentloansforcollege.org/ re: paying for school, but just wanted to get some feedback from someone who has done it first hand, what's the best rout?

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

Followers