Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Nurse practitioner student awaits arthroscopic knee surgery


A little update regarding my surgery intentions.... I will be having arthroscopic meniscus replacement for a "bucket handle tear" in my right knee (medial side). OUCH!!
Not looking forward to it at all. I totally trust the surgeon, but because he no longer comes to our hospital to practice, I have to go to another hospital where I don't know any of the staff. Makes me nervous.... I am taking recommendations from other doctors regarding the right choice for the anesthesiologist. That's the part that scares the crap out of me! I REALLY would like to not feel anything and then wake up after surgery. (Wouldn't we all!!!)
Another aggravation is that this is a workman's comp case and I just found out that I cannot collect my accrued sick time to make up for the other percentage that WC doesn't cover while I'll be out of work for 6-8 weeks.. Pretty nasty move if you ask me! It's a penalization for getting hurt on the job! I saved up the sick time, I should be able to use it for God's sake! It's not like I want 100% from WC and then collect 100% from EIB, that would be "double-dipping".. Just enough not to lose my house while I'm out of work.. Too much to ask?? I didn't think so!!
Enough of that rant!!! Sorry guys and gals!!!

Off I go to neurology clinicals, which is pretty interesting and may be a potential specialty for me. We'll see what happens in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers