Friday, March 17, 2006

Nurse Practitioner Student Shocked and Appalled

Trusted therapist accused of molesting comatose children...

Wayne Albert Bleyle, a respiratory therapist, is accused of molesting brain-damaged, comatose boys and girls taking cell phone photos of himself in the act and posting them online.
Prosecutor Laura Gunn said "I don't know if we've ever seen a case like it before where the victims were so vulnerable." Gunn said that Bleyle molested many more patients over the past decade, preying on the hospital's weakest of the weak, including youngsters who would never be able to speak.
Gunn also said that when in an investigator asked how many children he had abused. Bleyle replied, "How many snowflakes are there out there?"
"Colleagues, some left almost speechless by the allegations said that he was an engaging , hardworking therapist who volunteered for extra shifts, reassured parents and served as a mentor to new hires."

Headlines like this just make me want to puke my guts out. I think the death penalty is too easy for this disgusting man. I cannot imagine the horror that those children, who could tell what he was doing, must have felt when they could do nothing about it.
I know some of what they felt. I too, as a child, was the victim of a child molester for many years. I have absolutely no sympathy for these sick bastards. I know that there are some who feel that they can be rehabilitated and that it's a mental disease.

Let me tell you from personal experience... Once a child molester.. ALWAYS a molester. They will repeat their crimes. It's not all about sex. It's a control issue. They revel in the chase and the manipulation of a child. You can castrate them and they will still molest. The man who molested me repeated his offenses against others, one of which was a three year old boy.

I don't know what the solution is for sick perverts like this one. Death would be my first choice..Some say that is a quick, easy way out.. Quarantine on a harsh desolate island.. Letting the parents have their way with them slowly and painfully..

One's mental health is very important. If you are a survivor of childhood abuse, you will never completely heal from the experience. You can go through therapy. For me.. talking about it is mine.. I hope that you never have to deal with this experience. It tends to make one very bitter..

As medical professionals, we must be alert for sexual child abuse. It's a very hard subject to broach and very volatile, especially in this litigious society we live in. If I had a doctor or nurse ask me about my situation, I may have been helped. I did tell my story to a lawyer once, but nothing was done. Client confidentiality.. But that's another story for another time. We must fight for the children who cannot fight for themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Followers